Erotic Naughty Spicy

Tuesday 24 December 2013

An Eventful Year and a Holiday Cheer!



Well, I had good intentions for filling my blog with twelve days of grateful and only did three.  So, I decided to fill in the rest of my grateful in one post.

This time I just want to wish everyone who read my blogs and who took a chance with a new author, a Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays and Seasons Greetings.

It has been an eventful year.  Now that the year is winding down and I take the time to reflect on what has happened I'm shocked that so much did happen.  2013 started out with an end to a job I had for over 10 years. I was suddenly broke wondering how I was going to pay my bills and squeezing every penny I saved to keep going ahead.  It was scary and strangely a relief.

A few months later my daughter left for six months to work and it was just as scary for me to see her go. I'm a single mom and I had some growing to do, just like she did during the six months away from each other.  I guess it was a prelude to her going off to College or University.

Another few months later, I gathered my courage and with a hope and a dream I submitted my first novel to Siren-bookstrand.  Once again, it was scary. I was on my own struggling to figure out what to do with my life.  Only I could answer this question and despite the fear of the unknown I followed my heart.  I had stories to tell and I was going to do it one way or another.

During the summer months I handed out resumes, and applied online to numerous jobs. It was scary, especially keeping everything together and trying to stay one step ahead of my growing fears.  It was disheartening to get back emails stating that I didn't have what these potential employers were looking for in an employee.  But I continued to try.

In July I was given wonderful news that changed my life once again.  The hope and a dream came true and I was going to be a published author.  The hard work, the wiggling doubt, the numerous new friends who shared their wisdom and wonderful brightness, and old friends who were waiting patiently for me to get off my butt and do it, all contributed to my success.  And my family who often wondered what the hell was really going on in my head.  I sure surprised them!

There was a lot that happened to me in 2013 that was scary.  However, here I am a published author with a second book coming out in late January.  I still have my worries about what might be around the bend.  Then again, I'm also looking forward to what's around the bend.  Nothing is set in stone and everything is changing.  It's exciting yet daunting, and at times I wish I had something to catch me just in case I fall.  I just have me and that will have to do.

In the end, no matter where you are in life, with who ever you share your life with be grateful for all the experiences that touched your life.  The good and the bad are what life is all about. And it's up to each one of us to find and understand the message.  Sometimes it takes a bit longer to understand, but when it does it's magical.

It's magical like staring at all the stars in the night sky with a hope and a dream and just believing.  You might have to walk the path alone, but it's your journey and yours alone.  Only you can decide what to do with your life and that is why I'm grateful for the journey.

P.S. Live your life and once in awhile wish upon that star at night...you never know.

Happy Holidays and may your days be filled with laughter, love, kindness and peace.

Jorja

No comments: