Erotic Naughty Spicy

Thursday 11 October 2012

Let's get this party started!

 
Okay, I'm on dial-up and everything takes forever.  But I'm here, so go me!  I've been thinking about what to write for my first blog and a swirl of thoughts just crammed in my head.  So, I decided to write from the heart and basically say it's fricking scary and awesome and just wow.

I mean, for so long I've tinkered in my "writing" room and got lost in the worlds and people I shaped and created.  And here I am writing and sharing for not just me but anyone else who wanted to take a chance and see and read what I have to share.  It's damn humbling and exhilarating with a dash of holy crap.



So, here we go...

Shy by nature, I fell into the world of words and make-believe and from the earliest memories I weaved crazy tales.  I didn't know what I wanted to be, but I do remember wanting to be a robot, Wonder Woman and later a master ninja assassin. Yeah, I was raised in the late seventies and early eighties from child to teen. To me that time period was  filled with an innocence and a maverick of ideas that seemed endless.  No worries, just time to play and imagine the What ifs.

And because I was so shy I kept my what ifs to myself.  Slowly, gaining trust with my best friends and younger sister I ventured out and began weaving my tales, usually with some sort of reference to the 80's pop band, Duran Duran.  Hey, I was a teeny-bopper back then and Simon LeBon was the man!  But it didn't stop with preteen angst with pop stars, soon my craft grew towards the darker and less travelled routes of the imagination that followed Stephen King and Clive Barker.

I still enjoyed writing and reading the feel good and happy ending romances, but I craved even as a teen and  later young adult something more.  But it seemed it wasn't the time for what I was searching for and being so young and inexperienced I tapered my muse and wrote what was expected.

Funny, how when we are young, we become fearless and as we get older that tingle of doubt creeps in once in a while to shake the tree so to speak.  And I guess that creeping doubt shook me right out of the tree!  The world imploded in on me and I was left shaken and dazed.  How could I become a writer, an author during a time when young girls grew up to be teachers, nurses, secretaries, retail assistants, and eventually doctors, lawyers, accountants and so forth.  But an author, no way.  I was steered towards the path that was steady in the eyes of my mother.

And to this day, a woman in her early forties, I understand it was a path I should have questioned.  I don't regret what my life was shaped into and the experiences I lived.  I just wished I had the guts then to do what I was meant to do.

But now I know, now I understand and embrace what I was meant to be and do.  Maybe I had to wait for technology to advance further.  So I could face the world and say, "Here I am".  I found my spot and I'm here to weave my tales.

The journey began a long time ago and now I see a world ready for me and my tales of the erotic.  Go me!

No comments: